You’ll be pleased to know that the following messaging and chat issues have been identified and a solution is already being worked on and given a very high priority:
- the Messages button and the chat rooms open very slowly.
- the number of people in the room is not always consistent with the list of people on the right.
- I am unable to scroll down the list of people on the right.
The above will be fixed soon! Thanks for your patience.
We’re aware that some users are experiencing significant issues with Safari on any Apple device.
For now, we still recommend Chrome for the best experience while we work on fixing the Safari issues.
If you don't have Chrome installed already you can download it here:
Additionally, chat and messaging may not work when using the browser in Private or Incognito mode, so we recommend using the browser in normal mode.
As a workaround those who miss having a separate Chat pop-out page, we suggest having two windows or two tabs open.
One with Chat and a separate one for browsing the site or sending private messages.
One tab to browse the grid
One tab for sending private messages
One tab for the Gaydar chat rooms
Remember that you can be in several chat rooms at any one time and if you leave the page, you are not leaving the chat rooms.
Please also note, there is an X button in the right corner of a profile when you are viewing it. Use this to return to the Grid or Chat pages,
as the back button of your browser will just take you to another page.
The following chat improvements are on our roadmap and will improve your overall chat experience:
- Better ways of finding people in the Room List
- The ability to click on a profile name directly from the main chat window
- Different and better ways to find the room you are looking for
- A better variety of rooms
- Chat not just contained in one screen
Watch this space!